When one is afflicted with diarrhoea, drink honey.
Benefits of honey
- Removes impurities from the veins, intestines and elsewhere
- Dissolves the moistures when it is eaten or used as an embrocation
- Nutritious and is an emollient to the constitution
- Preserves the strength of ointments & anything of which it is an ingredient, including meat, most fruits, squash, cucumber, gourd and aubergine (eggplant)
- Dispels the unpleasant properties of medicines
- Cleanses the liver and chest.
- It is a diuretic (Increase rate of urine excretion)
- Lengthen, enhance and soften the hair when applied on the hair
- Opens the mouth of veins and is an emmenagogue (stimulate blood flow in pelvic area & uterus, causing menstruation)
Other benefits of honey:
- Beneficial against excess phlegm
- Beneficial against those of cold & moist temperament
- Beneficial for elderly
- When drink hot with rose oil, it is beneficial against the bite of poisonous vermin or the effects of opium.
- When consumed by itself or mixed with water, it is beneficial against the bite of a mad dog or the results of eating deadly fungus.
- When the affected skin and the hair are anointed with honey, it kills any lice or nits.
- When used as an eye salve, it clears dimness of the sight
- When used as dentrifice, it whitens and polishes the teeth, and preserves the health of teeth and gums
- If taken as an electuary on an empty stomach, it removes phlegm & washes the surface of the stomach, and repels superfluities from it; warms the stomach to a moderate degree & opens obstructions, and it does the same for the liver, kidneys and bladder.
- It contributes the least to the obstructions of the kidney & the spleen, compared with all other sweet substances.
Yet, honey can accidentally harm those of a bilious temperament, but this can be averted by the use of vinegar or something similar, whereupon it is again of great benefit.